100 West Beaver Creek Blvd., Ste. 232 | Avon, CO 81620
Meet David Maloley, DDS, FAGD
Dr. David Maloley grew up working on a family farm in Lexington, Nebraska. He attended the University of Nebraska in Lincoln, where he earned his bachelor’s degree and later his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree. As an undergraduate, he had the opportunity to work as a student athletic trainer on the sidelines for the Cornhuskers during the National Championship seasons in 1994 and ‘95.
In 2003, Dr. Maloley completed an Advanced Education in General Dentistry residency in Ft. Jackson, South Carolina, then served as a Dental Officer in the U.S. Army for the next five years. While in the army, Dr. Maloley was stationed at dental clinics in Giebelstadt, Germany for two years and Vicenza, Italy for two years, providing general dentistry services for the local military communities. After he returned to the U.S. in 2007, he worked at a private practice near Charlotte, NC for two years before relocating to Colorado to open Vail Valley Dental Care.
Photo provided by:
Brooke Heather Photographer
Dr. Maloley is a Fellow in the Academy of General Dentistry and a member of the American Dental Association, the Colorado Dental Association and the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. Since graduating from dental school, he has completed over 1,000 hours of continuing education.
Dr. Maloley strongly believes in being involved and giving back to the community, and he is an active member of Toastmasters and Junior Achievement. He also enjoys traveling, cycling and running. In fact, he’s completed races in almost every state and country he’s lived in: marathons in Chicago, Myrtle Beach and Venice, Italy, and half-marathons in Wuerzburg, Germany and Charlotte, NC.
Dr. Maloley and his wife Karah are the proud parents of Bennett Davidson Maloley, born on May 5, 2010.
- Favorite Music: Foo Fighters, Jack Johnson
- Favorite TV Shows: Scrubs, Shark Tank, Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations
- Favorite Movies: Rocky IV, Meet the Parents
- Favorite Books: 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari, A Christmas Carol, 1000 Places to See Before You Die
“To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.”– Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.”– Helen Keller
Meet Our Team
Karah Maloley was raised in rural northwest Kansas – St. Francis, to be exact. She completed both her bachelor’s and master’s degrees at Fort Hays State University in Hays, Kansas before moving to Wyoming to begin her career in the mental health field. After marrying David, Karah continued to work as a civil servant overseas. In 2007 she co-founded and served as Chief Knowledge Officer of EQmentor, a professional development company. She completed her Doctorate of Management in 2009 and is helping David with the business side of Vail Valley Dental Care.
Karah is on the board of directors for the local United Way and serves as adjunct faculty for the Vail Leadership Institute. In her free time, she enjoys traveling, cycling, watching movies and playing with her and David’s boxer, Brux. She also keeps up with Nebraska football and Kansas basketball. Being Bennett's mommy brings Karah great joy!
- Favorite Music: Foo Fighters, Coldplay, Jack Johnson, The Fray, and Dave Matthews Band
- Favorite TV Shows: The Office, Scrubs, Modern Family, Shark Tank
- Favorite Movies: Meet the Parents, The Wizard of Oz, The Shawshank Redemption
- Favorite Books: Eat, Pray, Love; A New Earth: Awakening Your Life’s Purpose; The Notebook
“Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.”– Unknown
Patient Care Coordinator
Cheryl grew up in Grand Junction, Colorado and moved to the Vail Valley over twenty years ago where her two sons were born and raised. She loves the mountains and enjoys spending as much time outdoors hiking, running, cycling and snowshoeing.
She also loves spending time with her family and friends, traveling, cooking and watching the Denver Broncos. With a background in Sales/Marketing for the last six years, Cheryl is very excited to be back in patient services and is thrilled to be part of the Vail Valley Dental team.
- Favorite Music: Black Eyed Peas, Coldplay, Flo Rida, Kelly Clarkson and all the latest hits
- Favorite TV Shows: The Biggest Loser, Dancing with the Stars, Friends, and Betty White – Off their rockers
- Favorite Movies: The Princess Bride, Rumor has it and Swept Away
- Favorite Books: Sound Mind and Body by David Kirsch and Don't Sweat the Small Stuff by Richard Carlson
“When one door of happiness closes, another opens but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.”–Helen Keller
“People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be.”–Abraham Lincoln
Samantha is originally from Comanche, Oklahoma and moved to Texas for college. She first attended Vernon College on a rodeo scholarship where she competed in barrel racing and breakaway roping. She then moved to Amarillo, Texas to pursue her dental hygiene education. She graduated from Amarillo College with a degree in Dental Hygiene. During dental hygiene school, Samantha went on a mission trip to Nicaragua where she and 13 other classmates were able to treat over 400 children's dental needs. In May 2011, Samantha married her husband, Cody, who is a Vail Valley native. They both enjoy golfing, riding horses, and traveling to compete in rodeos.
- Favorite Music: George Strait, Kelly Clarkson, Adele, and Miranda Lambert
- Favorite TV Shows: American Idol, The Doctors, and Dancing with the Stars
- Favorite Movies: A League of Their Own, The Cowboys, and Dumb and Dumber
- Favorite Books: To Kill a Mockingbird, The Help, The Notebook, Through my Eyes by Tim Tebow
“Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway.”– John Wayne
“People seldom notice old clothes if you wear a big smile.”– Lee Mildon
Andrea is originally from Kansas City, Missouri. She went to school at Missouri State University where she received a degree in Marketing and Computer Information Systems. She continued her education in Overland Park, Kansas where she received her degree in Dental Hygiene. In 2010 she moved to Colorado to start her new career as a hygienist in the Denver metro area.
In her free time, Andrea enjoys snowboarding, mountain biking, camping, hiking with her dog, live music, and trying new food concepts with her husband, Weston, who is a chef. They are both very excited to be living in the Vail Valley!
- Favorite Music: JJ Grey & Mofro, Govt Mule, Widespread Panic, The Black Crowes, The Band, Dave Matthews Band
- Favorite TV Shows: Lost, Master Chef, The Big Bang Theory, Friends, The King of Queens, Grey's Anatomy
- Favorite Movies: The Hangover, Forrest Gump, Dumb and Dumber, The Big Lebowski, Stand By Me
- Favorite Authors: Suzanne Collins, Dean Koontz, John Grisham
“Work like you don't need money,
love like you've never been hurt
and dance like no one's watching.”– unknown
“Focus on the journey, not the destination.
Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.”–Greg Andreson
Kate, who was originally from Philadelphia, PA, is a graduate of the Leeds School of Business at CU Boulder. There she earned a degree in Business Administration with an emphasis on Marketing, as well as a minor in Japanese. In her spare time Kate and her boyfriend, Drew, enjoy snowboarding, rock climbing, camping, hiking and backpacking, and the other recreational activities that the Vail Valley has to offer. Kate and Drew recently bought a home in Gypsum, so they also spend a lot of time on home improvement projects as well as attempting to golf at the Gypsum Creek Golf Course where Drew is employed.
- Favorite Music: Beatles, Yonder Mountain String Band, String Cheese Incident, J5, Atmosphere, and many more
- Favorite TV Shows: How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family, Parks and Recreation, Planet Earth, travel shows
- Favorite Movies: Up, Toy Story 1, 2 and 3, Casino Royale, Forgetting Sarah Marshall
- Favorite Books: The Last Lecture, Desert Solitare, Monkey Wrench Gang, any travel guide
“The mountains are calling and I must go.”– John Muir
“A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.”– Eleanor Roosevelt
Sarah was raised in West Bend, Wisconsin. Her passion for dentistry began during a high school mentorship program where she worked for her family dentist. She pursued a degree as a Registered Dental Hygienist and graduated in 2003. She relocated to the Vail Valley in 2006 with her future husband. She was married in May 2013. Sarah enjoys hiking, snowshoeing, and spending time with her family and friends.
- Favorite Music: Anything with a good beat!
- Favorite TV Shows: My guilty pleasure is reality TV.
- Favorite Movies: The Goonies, Sliding Doors
- Favorite Books: Any mystery books
- Favorite Proverb: Hindsight is 20/20 vision.
“Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.”– Frank Outlaw
Ali was born in Vail but spent a significant part of her childhood in Greeley, CO and attended the University of Northern Colorado as a Nursing student. She then majored in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at the University of Colorado at Boulder and worked as an undergraduate research assistant in the Entomology section of The Museum of Natural History. Throughout college she participated in triage trips to Nicaragua providing medical, dental and veterinary health care.
Ali returned to the Vail Valley after graduating and began working as a Dental Assistant. Her favorite aspects of dentistry are getting to know her patients and helping them maintain a healthy, happy smile.
In her free time Ali likes to explore all that Colorado has to offer and interact with local biology. She also practices a healthy lifestyle by gardening and exercise.
- Favorite Music: NPR radio, The Postal Service, Regina Spektor
- Favorite TV Shows: The Big Bang Theory, Flip This House, Sunday Morning
- Favorite Movies: Dirty Dancing, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, WALL-E
- Favorite Books: The Omnivore's Dilemma, The Weather Underground, The Art of Racing in the Rain